Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback to March 2010

I have had the pleasure of attending two classes at Luthiers School International in Sebastopol, CA. with the amazing Harry Fleishman (he's wearing the graduate robe).  March 2010 was a top bracing and voicing workshop.  I'm on the right with my cherry-pie-crust-sound-hole triple-O sized started-as-a-martin-copy-but-is-now-unclassifiable, well... guitar top. They say we should first learn to build in the traditional way. Once we've done so, we earn the right to experiment and be creative.  Thankfully, Harry isn't one of 'they.'  He asked us to describe the sound we were aiming for with our guitar tops.  I decided I wanted this one to sound like a black cherry pie. One of these days I will know whether we succeeded in creating that sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment